- The annual ESPY Awards, which celebrate athletes and sports, were held remotely on Sunday.
- For the event, Ciara and Russell Wilson built a replica red-carpet in their backyard, complete with cardboard cutouts of famous athletes like Babe Ruth.
- The couple later posed for videos and photos on the red carpet, where they coordinated in white and gray bathrobes.
- Wilson and Ciara also donned sunglasses and slippers on the red carpet.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The 2020 ESPY Awards, which honor excellence in sports, were held remotely on Sunday. Of course, athletes and celebrities couldn’t attend in person, so some of them got creative.
Take Ciara and Russell Wilson, for example. As a co-host of the event, the Seattle Seahawks quarterback created a DIY red carpet in his backyard — complete with cardboard cutouts of athletes like Babe Ruth — where he and Ciara posed for photos and videos. While doing so, the couple wore coordinating bathrobes in place of extravagant dresses and suits.
Ciara’s look included a white robe, reflective sunglasses, white slippers, and a towel on her head. Wilson, on the other hand, donned a gray robe, matching slippers, and black shades.
In a video posted by Wilson on Instagram, the football star asked his wife what she was wearing as her red-carpet attire. Ciara replied: “Whatever I want because I’m pregnant.”
“True, true,” Wilson replied. “You’re looking good in it. I’m over here wearing my pretty gray — handsome gray. We’ll call it handsome gray.”
The musician’s casual bathrobe is a big departure from the glamorous maternity outfits she’s worn in recent months.
In February, Ciara attended the Vanity Fair Oscars after-party wearing a semi-sheer Ralph & Russo gown with a strapless bodysuit underneath. For accessories, she donned a matching headband and strappy sandals. Wilson was also in attendance that night, wearing a black tuxedo and a long hairstyle.
Earlier that month, Ciara was photographed at the NFL Honors event in Miami, Florida, wearing a metallic blazer covered in reflective pieces as a minidress. The outfit was designed by Balmain, and perfectly matched her silver sandals.
Ciara and Wilson announced in January via Instagram that they’re expecting their third child together.
“Number 3,” Ciara wrote at the time, tagging Wilson in the caption as her photographer.