“This Is Us” star Sterling K. Brown revealed who he wants to see join the show in future episodes and seasons of the NBC drama.
What’s going on:
- Brown recently told Entertainment Weekly that there are a few different actors who he wants to see play on the show.
- He said Bryan Cranston would be a good addition. “If Walter White could find his way into the Pearson universe, that would be something pretty incredible.”
- Brown’s wishlist includes Robert Downey Jr. and Denzel Washington, too.
- He said: “My biggest acting crush is probably Robert Downey Jr. I’m watching a lot of “The Good Fight” right now. I’m loving Delroy (Lindo) and everything that he does on that show. (Christine) Baranski is absolutely wonderful. I hope they’re able to finish their season in a way that’s satisfying to its viewers because they had to stop (in the middle of the season). That’s really, really good.”
- “Dream beyond dreams. … If I was somehow related to Denzel Washington and we had a chance to have the epic scene of all scenes, I could then ascend to heaven a happy man.”
Randall’s past to be featured in new season
- Brown told TVLine.com he expects the next season of the show to fully dive into Randall’s history again, revealing something new about the character.
It is an excavation of Randall’s past, connected to family again, so I think it’s going to be a really soul-searching sort of thing. It’s like … I’ll give a real-life example, and then you can draw whatever parallels that you want from it, right? My wife didn’t meet her biological father — this is kind of eerie to the show — until she was 34 years old. She had been told this one thing in her life. And then, as we were embarking on the possibility of having children, she was like, ‘Mom, is there any possibility, something else could be out there?’ And (her mother was) like, ‘Well, there’s this one possibility. If you want to go talk to him, fine, but I’m your momma.’ Et cetera.”